Friday, October 8, 2010

Share and Voice: "Natural Cleaning Products"

Cleaning products touting the word "natural" have popped up all over store shelves. But is that word misleading? Does the word 'natural' attract you to purchase a particular product? If it does you should be aware that "Natural" on the label could be misleading. In cleaning products the word is not defined and not regulated by any government body or environmental agency. Cleaning products are not required to list all their ingredients on their product label. To win the seal the natural products association requires full disclosure. Clorox Greenworks is the first cleaning product line to earn the NPA "natural" seal since the organization started testing cleaning products in February. It's not just cleaning products the Natural Products Association is testing. It started giving it's "natural" seal to personal care products such as cosmetics, shampoo, and soap a couple of years ago. When buying supposed "natural" products make sure you take a good look at what's really in it (Natural Cleaning Products).

3 comments:

  1. This is really interesting because I knew nothing about this. When buying products I need to be more aware of what is in them, especially if some of the ingredients could be detrimental to my health. I think it is a great idea to have biodegradable bottles. Back to our ecological footprint this is one way we could give back to the environment is by purchasing products like this. I also like how strict the guidelines are because it just means they want to be as honest as they can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I love Clorox GreenWorks! That's very cool, I didn't know that it was so difficult to gain an NPA label. I honestly wish there were more natural cleaning products out there because some don't work very well and others are really expensive. It's hard for people on a tight budget to clean green I've noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree the world natural is very misleading, because like you said does it actually have a meaning. I have never myself used clorox green works, but I have only heard great things.!

    ReplyDelete