Friday, October 8, 2010

Reflection: Weeks 1-4

Well let me start out by saying that this is an extremely interesting class and I've learned a lot about the environment thus far. I had no clue how to blog before this class and have never done it before and let me say that I'm really starting to enjoy it! I was a bit skeptical at first because as everyone well knows technology can be a major pain in the backside. But overall it's been really fun thus far and hope to continue reading some very insightful ideas/information from my web group members. The biggest thing I've learned so far and was completely shocked about was the ecological footprint exercises that we did. Wow! I had no idea that we take advantage and take for granted the resources that we have here on planet Earth. I was quite disappointed and embarrassed in myself that I scored so high when I thought I was pretty good about not damaging our innocent planet. The exercise we did in class was very eye-opening and insightful when you put it into perspective and look at the bigger picture. So many people so little space........... I also found the information regarding the building and how eco-friendly and efficient it was, I hope to build something similar in that I can cut back on hurting the environment (solar panels may be in the cards). I'm also very happy with the book that I chose for the Read 'n' Seed because I've been in a similar situation with absolutely nothing stranded in the unknown wilderness for three days. I've learned some very insightful information from Bear Grylls and can't wait to read what's next! In closing, I really enjoy this class and hope to continue to make strides in living a greener lifestyle.

2 comments:

  1. I too have learned so much in this class. When signing up for this class I was a little hesitant because sometimes environmental classes can get dry but not this one at all. I like how we get to blog and hear each others opinions and ideas. I think share and voices are by far my favorite because we get to post on anything we like so it is fun. Going to the Bagley classroom was also a lot of fun. I really would like to build an eco-friendly house in the future. It may get spendy but it would be worth it in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with ya Matt, I've learned so much about the world we live in while in this class. I thought that visiting the green classroom was very cool too. I also thought is was interesting that the lady giving the tour made a conscious effort to build her own personal house to be sustainable. I, like you, have been inspired to build a greener house!

    ReplyDelete