Friday, November 5, 2010

Share and Voice: Hazardous Waste Disposal


I was browsing around the internet and stumbled onto a pretty interesting topic. I know that almost all of us have some sort of hazardous chemicals at home or in the garage whether it's paint, Lysol, etc. It's what we do with them when we decide to get rid of them. There's a place right here in Duluth called Western Lake Superior Sanitary District (WLSSD) that you can do just that. They dispose of any chemicals or compost such as leaves and even jack-o-lanterns for free, yes FREE! Some examples of things that are brought to WLSSD are paints, sealants, insect and weed killers, and fluorescent bulbs. I strongly recommend visiting this article and WLSSD's websites to learn more about recycling unwanted chemicals and wastes.

Check out the information at: (Hazardous Waste Disposal) and (WLSSD).

4 comments:

  1. I actually went to WLSSD last semester and took a tour. It was great to hear about some of the things they do for you for FREE! I had never heard of WLSSD because I am not from the Duluth area but it was good to know where things like could be dropped off. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of WLSSD before but I did not really pay attention to all of the services they provide! I always wonder what to do with my moldy, carved pumpkin. Thanks for sharing these links.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to WLSSD in our Community Health class last Spring! It was cool to see what they were responsible for and what things we could bring in for free. Great Find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've also been to WLSSD for Community Health but if it wasn't for that I'd probably have no idea what the heck it was! I also didn't realize that before I went that it's NOT okay to just throw things in the garbage or pour it down the sink when it potentially has so many harmful chemicals! (Of course now it makes sense..) Great post, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete